Tuesday 1 December 2009

Is It A Bird?

For those of you who know me, you will be well aware that I am not the most girly of girls.

  • I don't spend hours in front of the mirror tweeking my hair or doing my make-up
  • I try my best to avoid clothes shopping as much as possible - the whole idea of getting changed in a 2 by 2 cubicle repeatedly to get the right fit stresses me out a little
  • My nail varnish is forever chipped and not in good shape and
  • I would much rather be a part of a lads night out than a girly night in

HOWEVER

I have my works christmas meal on Thursday and thought I may just make an effort.

On Sunday I spent close on two hours walking aimlessly around a clothes store near my house, trying on dress after dress, not finding anything I felt remotely comfortable in.

As I was in the queue with Mother ready to pay for the few garments she had gathered along her way I saw it. There it was, screaming 'buy me'.

Being a couple of minutes to closing there was no time to faf about in the changing room so I decided to take a chance and just go for it.

After getting home and having a very well deserved cup of coffee I thought it best I try it on.

Nice length, fits around waist, flatters all the right lumps and bumps, but wait! Somethings wrong..

Whats this?! The freaking woman in the shop failed to remove the security tag!

Now, its a bloody good job if you ask me that I didn't try it on in the shop, therefore resulting in me not taking it out of the bag again until Thursday, in the bathroom at work (Yes - I have to do a quick Superman style change in the toilet after finishing my days duty) to find a large plastic tag under my armpit.

Now wouldn't that have been bloomin marvelous.

1 comment:

  1. lololol! You are me are quite alike. I picked up a new pair of jeans a few weeks ago to wear on a night out, and half way through the evening my friends pointed out that I still had the transparent sticky label running down the side of the leg that showed the waist and leg measurements.

    ReplyDelete

 
Pebble Dash - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords